This video will provide you with a helpful overview of the application process and timeline for US and UK universities. After watching, you will know the 5 Key Commonalities between US and UK university applications . The Dyad Video Library will serve as your passport as you navigate the challenges of applying to university.
Description: In this video, the former Regional Director of Admissions at the University of Chicago will discuss the following three common misconceptions about the admissions process:
- 1.) I must avoid embodying international applicant stereotypes
- 2.) There are secret rules regarding the admissions process
- 3.) The most highly ranked school is the best school
Application Policies: Early Action, Early Decision, Rolling Admissions, and Regular Decision
You now know the 5 Key Commonalities found in US and UK university applications:
- Standardized Test Scores (SAT / GRE / GMAT, etc.)
- Essays (Main Essays and Supplementary Essays)
- CV (summary of academic and professional experiences
- Recommendation Letters
And remember – some universities may even require an interview!
Test scores are NOT the most important part of your application
- A great application is not built overnight – the sooner you get started the better
- Showcase your leadership, initiatives, and proactive contributions
- Universities use rolling admission – submit your applications as soon as possible
What’s My Next Step?
Including the correct components and nailing down the right timeline for your applications is key. Success is possible through excellent mentorship – Let a Dyad Mentor guide you through the process.